In order to bring sustainability to this small village in Ghana, Adopt One Village is focusing on four areas; Education, Health Care, Infrastructure and Quality of Life. Below is a list of the projects that we would like to complete in each area.
- Continue to supply and train teachers in all three sections of the school with modern curriculum, materials and resources.
- More fully supply libraries in each of the three sections of the school.
- Provide additional sponsors for Junior High students who are eligible to continue to High School. These kids will be the future leaders of the village.
- Increase the number of teachers in each section of the school by sponsoring those teachers who want to continue their education and certification process.
- Create sustainability through raising up leaders for the future.
- Complete the interior of The Life Clinic and stock it so as to serve the people of the village and surrounding area.
- Build a relationship with a local health care professional who will serve in The Life Clinic on a regular basis.
- Provide additional first aid education to the village elders and the teachers of the village school.
- Provide sponsors for those with major health issues to receive care.
- Create sustainability by training and equipping those who will carry the torch long after we are gone.
- Provide a solution to the problem of massive erosion in the village.
- More fully improve the foundation of the school buildings.
- Provide structural improvements to homes in the village.
- Create sustainability by empowering the locals to create their own future. If they can some day afford the repairs on their own, we have done our job!
Quality of Life
- Repair or replace the well in the village to provide fresh drinking water. We have high hopes if “planting” a well in the center of the village in early 2013.
- Continue to bring clothing, household goods and bicycles to the people. Many of the people who travel to the school walk miles each day to do so.
- Research small business options for the single mothers in the village.
- Create sustainability in all areas so that the quality of life improvements can be increased naturally over time by those we train, raise up or who volunteer long-term in the area.
For more information on how to support our efforts through sponsorships, volunteer efforts or with your financial support, please CLICK HERE.